Continuing Education/Study Tyulim – Jerusalem of Gold
02 September 2019 - 05 September 2019
Locations: Beit Halochem, Emek Zurim, Gazelle Valley, Jerusalem, Old City Jerusalem
AACI unique study trip in the nation’s capital – reserve early, expected to sell out!
“No city in the world, not even Athens or Rome, ever played as great a role in the life of a nation for so long a time, as Jerusalem has done in the life of the Jewish people.”
— David Ben-Gurion; Israeli Prime Minister (1947)
- Journey to Jerusalem program – Follow historical events, from the destruction of the Temple until the Jewish people’s return to Jerusalem and its reconstruction in modern times, through an interactive program & 3-D virtual reality in the Tunnels.
- Join a special behind-the-scenes tour of the Western Wall Tunnels and visit areas not open to the general public.
- Visit the new Plugat HaKotel (“the Western Wall Squad”) Museum that tells the story of a group of young heroic Betar members who risked their lives to keep a Jewish spark alive at the Western Wall.
- Explore the impressive Herodian Quarter, home to the Priestly Class prior to the Destruction of the Second Temple.
- Take part in the fascinating Emek Zurim Sifting Project searching for artifacts & hidden treasures from the Temple Mount.
- Experience the spectacular audio-visual encounter with Theodore Herzl, the visionary of the Jewish State, at the Herzl Museum.
- Re-enact the dramatic battle at Ammunition Hill that led to the liberation of the Old City of Jerusalem in 1967.
- Pay respects at the National Memorial Hall for Israel’s Fallen Soldiers.
- Visit the inspiring Shalva National Center which provides an all-encompassing range of services for thousands of people with disabilities from infancy to adulthood and their families.
- Tour the interactive Hebrew Music Museum including a 3-D virtual reality presentation of the Beit Hamikdash.
- Learn about the supportive role of Christian Zionists in fulfilling the Zionist dream at the Friends of Zion Museum.
- Visit the United Hatzala Headquarters and meet with first-responders who are saving lives daily.
- Enjoy a nature walk, to view roaming gazelles, in the heart of the city, at the Gazelle Valley Urban Wildlife Park.
- Travel to Beit Halochem and hear Roie Ben Tulila’s inspirational personal story – a former commander in an elite unit and now captain of the Beit Halochem Jerusalem wheelchair basketball team (itinerary subject to change; certain sites require moderate walking and/or stair climbing).
Cost: 2150 NIS/person in a double room; 3050 NIS for a single room (50 NIS/person additional for non-AACI members).
– Jerusalem commuter at 1400 NIS, non-member commuter at 1500 NIS,
Price includes: bus transportation within Jerusalem, and professional English-language guide for 4 days, breakfasts and lodging for 3 nights at the downtown Harmony or Arthur Hotels – unique Atlas Boutique Hotels (traveler ranked #13 and #3, respectively, of 103 hotels in Jerusalem on TripAdvisor), group dinners at select restaurants, and all entrance fees to sites. Kashrut observed. Cancellation fees apply 1 month before departure.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact Jeff Rothenberg at email@example.com.