AACI Study Trips – Explore the past, present and future of Be’er Sheva
07 June 2021 - 10 June 2021
AACI study trip, on June 7 – 10, 2021, to explore the past, present and future of Be’er Sheva, and encounter various minority communities, i.e., Bedouin women and entrepreneurs, Ethiopian craftswomen, Jews from Cochin India, and African Hebrew Israelites.
Outstanding highlights of this trip include:
- Tour the Gateway to the Negev Visitor Center and gain a deeper understanding of the challenges and incredible potential of the Negev Desert
- Explore the ancient site of Tel Be’er Sheva National Park where the stories from the Tanach come to life
- Israel Air Force Museum – view the rich display of 150+ aircraft, including some enemy planes, illustrating the exciting history and legacy of the Israeli Air Force
- Cochin Jewish Heritage Center– learn about the Jewish community from Cochin, India, and their remarkable journey to the Land of Israel
- SodaStream Visitors Center – appreciate SodaStream’s mission to remain the number one sparkling water brand worldwide, while promoting a healthier lifestyle, and an island of peace
- Village of Peace – encounter the fascinating community of African Hebrew Israelites residing near Dimona for 50+ years, and learn about their vegan, healthy life-style
- ANZAC Memorial Center – experience the ANZAC spirit that brought hundreds of horsemen from Australia and New Zealand to bravely fight in the land of Israel during WW1
- Abraham’s Well International Visitor Center trace the Biblical origins of Be’er Sheva in the Book of Genesis through an innovative 3-D presentation
- House of Ethiopian Jewish Arts – explore the heritage of the Ethiopian Jewish community through handicrafts produced by Ethiopian women artists
- Sidreh-Lakiya Bedouin Community – interact with social entrepreneurs, participate in a weaving workshop, enjoy traditional Bedouin hospitality at a catered Kosher luncheon
- Discover the JNF Be’er Sheva River Park – a former garbage dump that has been transformed into a green oasis in the heart of the city
- OR Movement – learn about this unique initiative to build the future of Israel by developing the Negev (Itinerary subject to change)
Cost is 2450 NIS/person in a double room; 3400 NIS for a single room (100 NIS/person additional for non-AACI members).
Price includes: bus transportation from Jerusalem and exceptional English-language tour guide (Jacky Sivak) for 4 days, half board (breakfast and dinner) and lodging for 3 nights at the comfortable Leonardo Hotel Negev (www.leonardo-hotels.com/leonardo-hotel-negev-beer-sheva), use of hotel recreational facilities (spa treatments are extra), and entrance fees to sites. Kashrut observed. Cancellation fees apply 1 month before departure. Proof of full corona vaccination, or equivalent, required.
Reservations are limited, and accepted on a first come, first served basis, so please register early to avoid disappointment.
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact Jeff Rothenberg at email@example.com.