AACI Study Tour (SV 171) to the Caesarea/Netanya Region
10 February 2020 - 13 February 2020
- Visit the Israel Intelligence Heritage and Commemoration Center (IICC) a non-profit organization dedicated to commemorating the fallen from all branches of Israel’s intelligence community
- Spice up your life with a tour of the Salt & Pepper Museum – the largest collection of Salt & Pepper shakers in the world with over 37,000 unique pairs, and hear the amazing personal story of the Museum owner
- Visit Atlit where the British imprisoned Jewish immigrants who were trying to make their way to Palestine prior to the establishment of the State of Israel
- Meet students and the principal, and learn about the process of leadership development and the success stories of Yemin Orde – a home, school and safe haven to 440 at-risk and immigrant youth from around the world
- Explore the Artist village of Ein Hod
- Tour the new Visitors Center at Caesarea; see the fabulous birds mosaic floor and the stone Medusa at Caesarea Harbor
- Experience glass blowing at the Speculo Glass Blowing Studio in Caesarea
- Tour and lunch at Neve Michael Children’s Village, the only multi-disciplinary children’s home in Israel to offer a wide range of professional services on one site. The village is a safe haven for children 5 to 18 years of age who have been removed from their homes by Israel’s Welfare Department
- Explore Ruach Shtut – break away, for a while, from your digital lives and come touch the ground, feel the soil, see the colors, breathe aromas and taste flavors from the past. Come pick strawberries straight from the field which have not been sprayed with any chemicals and taste as sweet as Mother Nature intended them to be
- Tour the new Visitors Center of Orot Rabin, Israel’s largest power plant, situated in Hadera. Opened in January 2019, the center displays the stages of electricity production and distribution
- Visit the Israeli Sea Turtle Rescue Center to learn about their efforts to treat, rehabilitate and study this endangered species.
Cost: NIS 2,150 /person in a double room; NIS 3,050 for a single room (NIS 100 /person additional for non-AACI members).
Price includes: bus transportation and professional English-language tour guide for 4 days, half board (breakfast and dinner) and lodging for 3 nights at the Ramada Resort Hadera (https://www.ramada-hadera.com/) and all entrance fees to sites. Kashrut observed. Cancellation fees apply 1 month before departure. (Itinerary subject to change).
For more information or to make a reservation, please contact Jeff Rothenberg at: firstname.lastname@example.org